Tulsa Bicycle Club is resuming most group rides
The Executive Board of the Tulsa Bicycle Club has elected to resume group rides again in June. Check the Club Calendar for complete information.
Please review the TBC Group Riding Guidelines for COVID-19 before attending any TBC group rides in the coming weeks and months. As there is still no vaccine for COVID-19, it is still a factor we must deal with day to day. Be a responsible cycling citizen and follow the guidelines we've established if you decide to join us on a group ride in June and beyond.
Whether you join us for a group ride or not, you can still get out and ride solo. There are a lot more folks cycling these days and a lot of new riders. So be safe and pay attention.
Now, go get on your bike!
See the following and more guidelines in our TBC Group Riding Guidelines for COVID-19 PDF document.
Excerpt from the guidelines ...
Individual pre-ride health self-assessment
Before every ride, perform the following health self-assessment and DO NOT RIDE if you have any of the following symptoms:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
Additionally, you MUST NOT RIDE if …
… you have been tested and are positive for COVID-19.
- … you have been tested for COVID-19 but have not yet received the results.
- … you, or anyone in your household, are experiencing any symptoms associated with COVID-19.
- … you have been in close contact with someone who is suspected of being infected, or confirmed to have been infected, with COVID-19.
May is BIKE MONTH
May is National Bike Month, promoted by the League of American Bicyclists and celebrated in communities from coast to coast. Established in 1956, National Bike Month is a chance to showcase the many benefits of bicycling — and encourage more folks to giving biking a try.
And that's what Tulsa Bicycle Club is all about as well!
Hopefully you'll be able to join us soon on a ride. In the meantime, get out and ride your bike solo and practice appropriate social distancing.
Make a commitment to riding this year by signing up for the National Bike Challenge and join the Tulsa Bicycle Club team there.
The National Bike Challenge, NBC, runs from May to September 2020. Throughout the NBC, individuals and groups of friends can compete across various leaderboards through the whole 5-month riding season. The NBC also includes two challenges for individual riders and organizations to participate in: Bike Month and Cycle September.
- Bike Month is all about highlighting the benefits of riding a bike during the Coronavirus Era. Set goals, connect with others, and win prizes! Workplaces can also create profiles and can use them to communicate with staff, motivate each other to ride, encourage friendly internal competition, and stay connected. Interested in getting a profile for your organization? Read more about workplaces here.
- During Cycle September participating organizations can take what they've learned and put their riding to the test. Workplaces can compete for top spots on the business and industry leaderboards in one of seven size categories. Take part on a global stage with even more great prices up for grabs!
Why not sign up now for the National Bike Challenge? It's free and fun. Join the Tulsa Bicycle Club team and let's see how much we can all ride this year. Sign up here and get in on the fun.
And why not join the Tulsa Bicycle Club while you're at it? We have lots of rides and other benefits that you'll enjoy.
Since 1972 the Tulsa Bicycle Club has been promoting all forms of bicycle riding in Green Country. From a host of weekly rides to annual event rides, we encourage everyone to learn the benefits and joys of saddling up and getting outside for fresh air, good health, and improved fitness.
Tulsa Area Weather Info
National Weather Service - Tulsa Hourly Forecast, tabular
Club events in
the next 10 days ...
Smart Cycling - riding tips from the League of American Bicyclists
The League of American Bicyclists has a host of materials of interest to cyclists of all sorts. Of particular interest are their brief videos on assorted riding techniques with an emphasis on riding safely. A sample of these videos is shown below.
Navigate to our LAB Ride Smart page for more info on the resources available from the League as well as links to all or expand this page below to see basic cycling skill videos.
Our Meeting Location
The Tulsa Bicycle Club meets four months of the year at the Hardesty Regional Library 8316 E 93rd St S, Tulsa, OK. These Club meetings are held in Mar, May, September, and November.
The Hardesty Regional Library is located just east of Memorial and just south of 91st Street on 93rd.
We'll be meeting in one of two large meeting rooms (Maple and Pecan rooms) or the Fossard Auditorium. Meetings are on the first Thursday of the month in months when meetings are held.
Why not plan on joining us ... mark your calendar for the first Thursday of the month in March, May, September and November at 7:00pm and join us for a program we hope will be of interest to you. Be sure to check the calendar for any changes and to verify details of time, data, location and program.
See you there!
Map to Hardesty Regional Library
*Tulsa Bicycle Club and their meetings are not affiliated in any way with Tulsa City-County Library. Tulsa City-County Library neither sponsors nor endorses our meetings, speaker(s) or our organization.
Find Us On Facebook